Thursday 2 July 2015

5 maternity essentials you really can't do without!

Ever heard anybody tell you having a baby is expensive? They weren't kidding! And here's the funny bit - it all starts waaaay before the baby even makes an appearance!

There's so much information on the internet about what you need for hospital and baby's arrival but here's my guide for the top 5 must-haves during pregnancy.








1. A Maternity Bra


I was a DD before I even got pregnant and the very first thing to balloon were my melons; I'd gone from honeydew to watermelon in the space of weeks. After looking around at some very (pricey) bras I found a lovely two-pack at M&S for £30. At 7 months gone, I'm still wearing them and they really make me wonder why I've worn underwired bras for so long!! Super comfy and my boobs weren't down to my knees.




2. Skincare
The dreaded prancne. (Pregnancy Acne) Ladies I don't have the best skin in the world and lord knows I am prone to a breakout or two but nothing would prepare me for the breakouts pregnancy caused. Everyone is different so it's all about the products that work for you but make sure you stock up on something good. I swear by nip + fab face wash and use Clearasil to directly treat break outs on a night time. Investing in a glamglow face mask will also be worth its weight in gold. But please remember it is temporary, I got unnecessarily upset by my complexion, and later on in your pregnancy you will realise it was a silly thing to worry about.



3. Haircut
I don't think I was alone in feeling hideous when I first got pregnant, I was putting on weight without having an obvious bump, my skin was hideous and I just didn't feel my best. Not only will a new do perk you up massively (try and go somewhere that massages your scalp) but seriously consider a low maintenance do. My hair, now neatly bobbed, takes half the time to dry and during my first trimester I would rather have shaved my head than straightened it so it is well worth considering something easier if you have long straight hair.



4. Hand Cream
It's quite commonly known that pregnancy makes you pee. So telling you to stock up on the Andrex is a bit obvious but what do you do after the toilet? Wash your hands of course! My hands are now getting washed up to 20 (yes 20!!) times a day and as a result are as dry and sand, invest in a good hand cream and keep it in your bag or desk at work, you will thank me for it later!

5. A pillow. 
Getting comfortable in bed can be difficult as early as the first trimester. Especially if you used to sleep on your stomach like me. Placing a normal pillow under your bump will work for starters but it is worth investing in a proper pillow otherwise your poor fella has nowhere to sleep at night. I found the dreamgeni worked best for me, it has support at the front and back so you can turn over easily if needed and you can pop it between your legs too. They're around £50 in John Lewis. It mine was a tenner off eBay! If you've read my blog at all you know I don't like to pay full price for anything! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment